Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Journey to "Mother"

I thought I would write a little about my journey to motherhood.

Here's me after my last day of work at KPMG in Salt Lake. It was Thursday, 6 December. I actually stopped a day earlier than planned due to my braxton hicks contractions getting more uncomfortable. So here's me, bracing for the upcoming change in my life. The glamorous life of business would have to wait, for now!

The next day, Tyler and I took some well given advice and went out for our last night on the town without a baby or without worrying about a babysitter. Even though we were trying to save money, we went to Ottavio's to eat a yummy dinner together and enjoyed what we knew would most likely be the last night of it being just the two of us. The end of one era and beginning of another!
Monday morning, after a Sunday spent working until 2 am on a scale model house for one of Tyler's finals that he wanted to get done before the baby came, I woke up at 9 am to discover my water had broken! What impecible timing too, considering I had been developing painful muscle spasms in my legs because of all the pressure. Can't you tell why? I quickly showered while Tyler packed my bag. We were on our way to Orem Community Hospital in an hour! (And yes, I did just post a picture of my naked stomach, and yes, I know it looks wierd. But that's a 9 lb 4 oz baby in there!)

After 19 hours of labor, our sweet Cameron came to us! This picture was taken about 6 hours after he was born. He was born at 4 am and by 6 am they had taken him to the nursery so I could sleep a little. I still remember when they wheeled him in to me in his little plastic hospital crib at 10 so he could eat. I was so excited to see him! I couldn't believe that sweet little baby was mine. That morning was very special as it was just us new parents with our sweet new baby.
Now my days are spent mostly inside our little house with my sweet Cameron making sure his every need is attended to. I like this picture because it epitomizes my days--clean laundry needing to be folded, bed needing to be made, and me trying to get some makeup on now that he is sleeping and I can set him down for a moment.
But it is all worth it at moments like this one when you peek in on your sleeping baby and your heart just melts. Or when they look up at you with their innocent eyes or smile when they recognize you are holding them.

Babies are such a miracle! I can't believe Heavenly Father gives everyone the chance to have them.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I cannot believe that belly!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT BELLY!! It's got it's own weather system! WOW!!! You're poor small self having to hold that huge baby! Isn't it amazing how a woman's body adjusts to allow a small person to GROW inside them?? Can you imagine having 2 or 3 or even 7 babies inside?? I saw a picture of a lady who had septuplets and she was SO HUGE and only like 30 weeks. I couldn't believe it!

I like you you explained those first few hours with you and Tyler and the new baby. Isn't it simply magical? Something you have to experience to understand it. (:

You're little cameron is so adorable. I was all cooing while looking at those photos of him laying in his crib. SO CUTE!!!

Yeah!! for little boys!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

You are making me more baby hungry than I already am! I'm so happy for you and where you life is right now. Isn't it great to grow up and get over the need to have a glamourous life and just want to love your family? I'm still hoping to drop by a gift tomorrow- I'll give you a call!

Holly said...

Congratulations! I loved reading everything! It makes me so excited to be a mom someday! Curt and I are so happy for you guys!

The Mom said...

I got all teary eyed reading your sweet comments about becoming a mother. It is a miracle. And it is totally amazing how your life has changed forever!!!

Those photos of you still pregnant are astonishing. I can't believe you contained that big chunk of a boy in your little tummy.

He is so so cute. I can't wait to see him again.

The Mom said...

He has gotten so cute and plump! Look at that big boy!!!! So handsome.

Melanie said...

So sweet! It is cute how all mothers seem to have the same feelings toward their children. I still just look at Paigey playing, feeding her baby dolls peas, and wrapping them in dirty PJs and just adore her.

That belly! you look so skinny with that HUGE baby in your stomach not wanting to come out!

Marissa said...

well at least only your belly got big..the rest of your body looks the exact same...which im sure was kind of nice! it sounds like you guys are doing well and figuring everything out!

The Mom said...

wow!! that'll probably look like me when i'm pregnate! :) i'm so happy that you love being a momma.
-your dopple ganger (spell?), amy