Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler!

24 years ago on August 20th, sweet little Tyler Merrill was born to Debra and Steven Merrill.
Thanks to his awesome parents, Tyler had a wonderful childhood full of opportunities for success and lots of positive reinforcement.
Surrounded by his three siblings, he enjoyed a life of playing and sharing. (And dressing up like a girl?)
Never one to pass up a chance to participate in a game, he was always very active in local sports teams and excelled. (Here's his hottie self in high school, when he was dating ME!)
Thanks to his teachers in Boys Scouts, among other things, he became the helpful boy he is today by trying to do "one good turn a day."
After two years in Argentina serving a successful mission, he returned home a MAN...and proceeded very quickly to date me and soon after marry me. (Hooray!)Being married to Tyler has been the best thing of my life! He is so wonderful to me and I am his biggest fan. He has taught me so much about enjoying life. We have had so many adventures together and love talking about our future adventures life will bring us.
And now to add to his long list of great qualities, Tyler is a stellar father. Cameron adores him and I can't wait to see their relationship grow as he gets older. Not to mention I am so happy to have a man like him for my baby boy to look up to. I hope Cameron is just like him!
Happy Birthday Tyler!
I hope this next year of your life brings about more great opportunities and I am the luckiest girl alive to be able to share it with you!

7 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! We're excited to come see you guys tonight!

Holly or James said...

Happy briefcase dude. you make a cute little girl.
-james

Jeanette said...

That top Pic looks like Cameron!

Kim and Jim said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I especially like the picture of the "Honeymoon Cabin." You guys are awesome!!

The Mom said...

Yea! Happy Birthday TyTy! You help make me the happiest Mother-in-law alive! :)

Holly or James said...

What a sweet blog dedicated to your wonderful husband.

Happy BIRTHDAY Tyler!! I really do think you are the greatest guy ever! (next to the men in MY life of course) I think there could be no better guy for my sister Mindy. She truly is lucky to have you!

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday, Tyler. We sure miss your guys' family!

Thanks for being such a good hubby to my sissy.

Mindy, great post.