Monday, December 8, 2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving was really fun this year because we got to host it! My family (well, the family that is at home in Pendleton) drove here and Natalie already lives here so it was a smaller group, but still a fun group. The fam arrived Wednesday night and we made a late trip to Brick Oven where we laughed and talked for about 2 hours before we realized everyone else was gone. The big day started with my fabulous husband Tyler jumping right in. He prepped his first turkey (I still don't want to learn how) while I helped by handing him things he couldn't get to with his germ hands. The family arrived right as the turkey was going into the oven and we spent the next couple of hours making all the side dishes--the pies were made the night before. The feast was excellent and the company even better. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and watched the new Indiana Jones movie.

The rest of the vacation was also a blast. The next day we went to SLC to have lunch and spend time with my dad's family. Holly and her family were there too so that was tons of fun. Then Saturday we gave Cameron the experience of running around the Marriott hotel lobby where my parents were staying. That was really cute. Then we went to Costco for lunch and a little shopping. That evening we all went to a Jazz game, something different and fun for my family. My dad got Tyler and I seats on the 11th row (I let my dad take my seat second half) and the rest of them sat in the upper bowl. My mom even watched Cameron for most of the game so it was nice and relaxing for me.



I love the holidays because I get to spend so much time with my family and I love my family! Thanks Mom and Dad for coming down!

7 comments:

Holly or James said...

11th row...gimme some o'that.
-james

Tyler M. said...

Yeah, it was SWEEET!

Jenae said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I am so glad.

Holly or James said...

FUN!! I Love having family around too during the holidays. (:

The Mom said...

It was great! Fo' sho'!!! I love the pix of Cam in his cute little hat! He is SO handsome! Yay! Holidays are fun with fam!!! All that stuff was fun, wasn't it? I hadn't thought of the Brick Oven thing for a while, it was hil-lar!
ANd the lobby with Cam. So funny.
And great delicious food. Yum.

The Mom said...

YAY SWEATER THANKSGIVING!!!
-Amy

Heidi a.k.a. spaceghost said...

Word! What a fun vacay you guys had together. I love NBA games too - they are so fun to watch in person. Again - I'm sad you won't be at the house for Christmas and will miss you!