Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can Someone Clue Me In?

I am confused and need some clarification. What is the deal with these public blogs like "Seriously So Blessed" and "NieNie" and "cJane", etc? And I am not being sarcastic, I seriously just want to know. Is it like reading a favorite column? I have trouble keeping up with friends' and family's blogs as it is! Please, someone shed some light on this for me.

4 comments:

Holly said...

I have wondered the same thing. I see the "Seriously So Blessed" blog link all over, but I've only ever checked it out once. Hopefully someone will comment who knows!

Tiffany said...

I only read Seriously So Blessed once and I didn't like it too much. Some people think its hilarious and that's great, but it didn't really make me laugh, so I didn't go back. I DO love Normal Mormon Husbands however. That one makes me laugh everytime. I discovered Nie Nie and Cjane from all of the buttons on people's blogs and was confused about what it was and so clicked on them and started reading and became very enthralled with the story that was happening at the time. Nie Nie (who is Cjane's sister) had been in a plane crash with her husband and the two of them were in medically induced comas for months while recovering from severe burn wounds and Cjane was taking care of her sister's kids and to me and it was just really touching to read how the Lord was truly blessing these families in this time of distress. Both sisters had had pretty big blog followings before because of their fun writing style, their religious insights, and their ability to find joy in everyday life. I became addicted. I guess you can say that its like reading a favorite column or something. Anyway, that's the best way I can describe it. It's fun to read, sometimes makes me ponder things, sometimes provides spiritual upliftment (I made up that word I think), sometimes makes me laugh, and usually reminds me how grateful I am for everything I have.

Although, you are right--I shouldn't follow so many blogs b/c there are so many to keep up with--but its a guilty pleasure. :)

Mindy said...

Thank you Tiff!

Jeanette said...

Tiffany had a good explanation about NieNie and Cjane. The only difference with seriously so blessed it that her's is not real life, her's is a parody of a typical mommy blog. It can be funny, but it can also get pretty iffy on the border with sacrilege--to each their own.

But, yes it's like waiting for Dave Barry's column every Sunday. (Just kidding he's totally retired and I was too young when he wasn't. But I can only imagine...)