Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hermanas and Halloween

What does it look (and sound) like when Neal girls get together? Read on. No one can say we don't have a blast together!

Heidi flew here to see us Utah dwellers. Nat and I (and Cam too) whisked up to Holly's house for two days full of laughing, talking, dancing, and lots and lots of music. Basically a non stop party (well, almost non stop). While I didn't get all the best photos of the times we had, suffice it to say these videos are pretty representational.



The highlight of the weekend was Holly's grown ups only costume party on Saturday night. Awesome! We had lots of food, guests, music, and activities. It was so fun! Grown ups scarcely ever have anything cool to do on Halloween and Holly wanted to change that. She's going to make it an annual tradition.
Catwoman and Mother Nature. (Holly and James were a Roman Goddess and Caesar but I didn't get a good picture of them together. You can see the back of them above. They were my favorite couple ensemble.)
By the way, Tyler couldn't have planned his costume better. Cameron wouldn't go near him and I was the one that had to keep taking him back upstairs and comforting him during the party.
Ambiance. Holly and I worked on the party for a whole month and it definitely paid off. The ambiance was amazing and everyone loved it!

There were four blacklights in the ceiling cans and we decided last minute to put these spooky pictures over their family photos. The blacklights were an awesome touch!
After everyone left, we relaxed a bit but kept the Halloween playlist playin' on.

The men: pooped out from partying. They basically sat and chatted the whole time we continued partying. James and Tyler have become very good buds and both now know how to keep themselves happy while their wives are busy being crazy with sisters.
We decided to be "scientists" and used the rest of the dry ice to play with and do our favorite thing: take pictures.


(Notice the really cool flickering lightbulbs in the chandelier behind us.)

Ah, it's so nice to have good quality girl time. And I seriously don't know anyone more fun that my sisters. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for sisters!

10 comments:

Tyler M. said...

Note to self- be a zombie every halloween.

Good times, good times!!

Holly or James said...

Note to self, do what Tyler does for Halloween every year.
-james

Ashley said...

looks like an awesome party! Hey I'm having a baby shower in Dec and wanted to send you an invite, if you could email me your address that would be great ashleymuir14@gmail.com hope everything is going well!

The Mom said...

What a GREAT party weekend you guys had! Great blog depiction of it too! The party looked great and all the costumes were so much fun! It was cute to see Caleb jammin' out to the tunes with the ladies! So fun! You all look like you had a memorable weekend. You gotta' make an effort to be together, don't you? If you don't you just miss out on good moments of life.That is neat that even tho you are hours apart you still figure out a way to get together.

Holly or James said...

yes!! and thank you mom for having so many girls!! (:

WE LOVE SCIENCE!!! and we LOVE halloween too! (:

And we love sisters!!

Thanks again for coming and for helping me get the house looking "spooktacular" for the party! The party wouldn't have been nearly as fun if you guys weren't there. I keep having friends and family who were at the party tell me how much they enjoyed getting to know you guys and talking with you. Today James' cousin Anthony (who had the baby) told me that he can only imagine how crazy our house must have been growing up. (:

Amie Orton said...

you guys always crack me up. I loved that party idea, Devin and i were just dreamin of one day having an adult Halloween ball and calling it the "eye ball." You know someday, when we have the space and such. But i'm sure it won't be near as hoppin as the Neal girls halloween! Loved your post about round-up too! I might ACTUALLY get to go next year, which will be the first time in um..10 years. Good timin eh? Being the 100th anniversary an all.

amie

Melanie said...

YEAH! I love it! I love all your costumes, and the decor was Magnif!

OK, I had to keep laughing at those last pix with the dry ice. Heidi is SO into that bottle with the dry ice. She's making love to it. HA!

Sad I missed out on the dancing! Promise there will be alot at Christmas!

There is supposed to be dancing at this party I'm going to on Friday... we'll see how it goes.

Heidi a.k.a. spaceghost said...

I'm gonna kill all you guys who are accusing me of being "porn" or making love to a bottle! You all need to get your minds out of the porn gutter. All I was trying to do was pour that dry ice smoke down my throat like I was going to die and you all like to think about the porn you watched the night before! FINE! Don't put your porn-ieness on me!
Great posting Mindy! I have to save a bunch of these photos. This trip was definitely the ticket!! I LOVE SISTERS! Yes, the only other people I know that are as much fun as you girls are gay men. No wonder I like their company so much. Everyone is so bor-ing.

Holly or James said...

Heidi looks all hussy with those bottles because her eyes are closed all passionately. . . that's what it is!!! The rest of the girls are just like, "we like science" and Heidi is like "I LOOOOVEEE science!" (:

Heidi a.k.a. spaceghost said...

THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!