P.S. He is only picking up leaves and putting them in his mouth--nothing like cigarette butts, food, or candy.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Halloween Campaigning at the Zoo
Last Saturday our little family attended the Hogle Zoo "Boo at the Zoo." It was all our first times to the Salt Lake zoo and it was so much fun (except for the parking ticket we ended up getting!) Of course we all dressed up, parents too. Can anyone guess what we are?
Cameron is Senator John McCain (complete with white hair), I am Governor Sarah Palin (my glasses are on my head because I couldn't get the lenses out and they made me sick), and Tyler is our campaign manager. I have to say I was a bit worried people would heckle us, but we actually got a lot of comments that we had the best costumes they had seen all day. Lots of good republican comments and people just thinking it was good and funny. (I have to say I forgot what it was like to know people are staring at you for what you are wearing--I haven't had that happen since my crazier high school days!)
The day of campaigning began at about 1pm. Senator McCain, accustomed to public appearances, was calm and collected. Anyway he had his running mate to push him in a stroller and campaign manager to occasionally carry him. (Thanks Heidi, for the bumper stickers!)
Once inside, we met up with cousins Caleb and Jack (along with parents) to share the day of animal viewing, candy, and campaigning.
Senator McCain's day was full of serious animal viewing...
...occasional snacks fed to him by Governor Palin (he doesn't have the whole "tip the bottle up to get milk" concept down yet)...
...baby meerkats...
...giraffes...
...and constant public appearances. (And here's Natalie who came with us as well!)
However, after a couple of hours of intense campaigning with children, parents, and animals alike, the senator began to get restless and wanted to jump out of his stroller.
Phew! What a day! Senator McCain was happy to spend the day at the zoo but was perfectly happy to sleep like a rock in his car afterward. Good work, Senator! We're all looking forward to the 4th!
P.S. He is only picking up leaves and putting them in his mouth--nothing like cigarette butts, food, or candy.
P.S. He is only picking up leaves and putting them in his mouth--nothing like cigarette butts, food, or candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
wow - Cameron bears a striking resemblance to the senator . . . not Palin, the balding old one. You should consider getting him a spot on SNL next to Tina Fey.
Your costumes are so cute!! I think you get the award for best costumes this year. :)
That is SOOOOOOO funny! I was looking at the first picture and thinking, "How cute Mindy/Sarah looks!" then I realized that CAMERON was John McCain and I laughed out loud for a LONG time. That was HILARIOUSS!!! It was so great to see my beautiful Natty, Cute big, Caleb and sweet Jacky and Pretty Holly and my two handsome sons in law. What a nice day it looks like too!
vote McCain/Palin.
-james
Good times at the Zoo we had!! Thanks honey for the great costume ideas.
That's a great idea for a costume! I think here in California we would have more problems with that :P
Real nice! AGain, great costumes you 3!!
This is the best Halloween trio - ever! I love that you kept referring to Cameron as the Senator. And that Sarah Palin helping him out with feeding and keeping his campaigning on track! I LOVE it! You pulled this one off very well - and with such good timing too!
Post a Comment