Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being a Stay at Home Mom

I have been thinking a lot lately how much I love staying home with Cameron. While it could seem awful to be between the same four walls 90% of my life, it's not bad when this is where my work and life is. I love being a stay at home mother because:

-I get to sleep in a bit later (usually about 8 or 8:30, 9 on good days)
-I get to read lots of books
-I get to enjoy my decor and my house that I spend lots of time caring for, every day.
-I have time (although not a lot still) for hobbies and crafts again
-I have time to spend nurturing my relationships with others, not just with Cam and Tyler, but with all my family and friends.
-There is a great support system of other SAHMs and kids
-My house is in order; I have time to make sure this is so, everything from budgeting, food storage, a clean house, to being sure we are always getting the best possible deal on things we need.
-My life feels in balance.
-My family is happy: Tyler is happy to have a happy wife and happy child, all more easily done since I am at home.
-Having a child with you all the time allows you to re-enter the joy and innocence of childhood again yourself.
-I find myself smiling and being happy a lot.
-Little things are big things again.
-I have a friend around all the time. I went shopping yesterday without Tyler or Cameron (I wanted a break) and I actually didn't have much fun being without my little buddy; I really enjoy taking him with me places.
-Cameron makes me treat every day special since I know he is growing so fast and I won't ever get this time with him back again.
-How could you not love spending your days with someone you love so much you think your heart will burst???

11 comments:

Clark and Rebecca said...

That's the cutest video!

Hillary said...

How cute - that's all I can say! No other words are adequate. Even "cute" doesn't cut it.

Tyler M. said...

I love that boy!

JaY said...

That's too cute. What a funny little guy!

Natalie said...

this is a sweet post. that's truly valuable you find joy in the life you have. so many are not content with their lives regardless of how easy or fun they are.
cameron sure is sweet!

Holly said...

I love this post, and I feel the same way! Cute video!

Melanie said...

OK, so I totally just left a comment and it didn't register. AGH!

Love the points you made. I feel like they are thoughts I've had myself more than just once. Very sweet.

Paige and I loved the video. I cooed the whole time and Paige just stared. Until the end, then she would say, "I wanna watch again." So we watched several times because we both wanted to!

The Mom said...

SO darling! He sure does walk well. And fast too! What a sweet blog entry, and I totally know how you feel. I loved being a stay at home mom too. I have FANTASTIC children!

The Mom said...

SO darling! He sure does walk well. And fast too! What a sweet blog entry, and I totally know how you feel. I loved being a stay at home mom too. I have FANTASTIC children!

Holly or James said...

What a great post! I love all those reasons of staying home too! I'm so glad you reminded me of them all. It's been a while since my first was only a year old. (:

What a cute video too. I love that cam cam! Can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving. (:

Amie Orton said...

Amen sista. i love this post. you are such an organized, put together and happy little mommy. What a lucky boy tyler is. yes i agree with holly, thank you for reminding me of all those reasons i love staying home.

AMie