Friday, December 5, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

After seeing other people post pictures of their Christmas decor, I wanted to do the same thing. I must admit that Cameron and I have been listening to Christmas music since the beginning of November and that I would have decorated earlier if I hadn't been so busy.

Here's our tree. It's snuggled up in the corner with boxes, etc, at its base so Cameron can't get to it as easy, or at least can't get under it. Also, ornaments are only on the top half of the tree so Cameron can't reach them. The only problem we have now is him trying to put the lights in his mouth and pull the tree over on himself! We are quickly discovering how ineffective asking him to do something (or not do something) is.


Here is the matching garland over the front room window. It and the tree look really nice together.


Other Christmas decor...

Isn't this the cutest? Cameron's birthday present from Grandma Merrill.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Cute, cute! You have a knack for decorating. I'm glad you posted about your tree and the ornaments only being on the top half to keep Cameron from pulling them off. Curt and I have been struggling to find the motivation to put ornaments on our tree this year--it's just such a hassle. (We have lights and bows, just no ornaments yet.) I think you just gave us our motivation: this is the last year we can have ornaments and not have to worry about Tucker pulling them off! Thanks for the reminder!

Tyler M. said...

I can hear the jingle bells jingling, I can taste the gingerbread house and I can smell the Christmas tree. ohh what a beautiful time of year.

The Mom said...

Yep, your decor is really pretty. I like the whole "feeling" of your home. That is really fun that you have been enjoying the Christmas music for so long! Way to go!

Holly or James said...

how sad we won't be seein' you for the christmas.
-james

Holly or James said...

I like the tree with only ornaments on the top. (:

Clark and Rebecca said...

i love your christmas decor!