Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friends and Family

Now a post about the part of life that makes it all worth it!
First, a shout out to Cameron's best bud, Lainie. Cameron and Lainie love being together and usually get to see each other at least once a week, which is nice for the us moms. They play well together, meaning they don't care if toys get stolen or if they get knocked over by one another, and are always excited when they see each other. Jenae, Lainie's mom, even said Lainie can tell when she is headed for our house and kicks and squeals.
Here they are enjoying a popsicle together. It was Cameron's first but Lainie was sure to show him how it was done. (Popsicles feel good on sore mouths growing teeth.)And here they are trying on some bows together! Jenae and I made them at Enrichment and afterward when I came to pick up Cameron who had been playing at Lainie's, I couldn't resist putting it on his head. I must say I think he'd be a really cute girl! Thanks Lainie and Jenae for being such good friends!
A couple of weeks ago, Cameron and I paid a 2 day visit to my sister Holly and her family. It's always a blast to be able to get out of routine, take a nice long drive, and spend some time visiting her.
Here we are at Carl's Jr, a fave place of Tyler and I but Holly hadn't been since she was about 6! So I insisted we go and have her try the famous star burger. She agreed that it was awesome and will most likely go back often. I also explained to Holly why In n' Out burger is all that. Apparently I am a burger connoisseur now? (I love the picture of what it's like to try and take a baby to eat: Jack is standing in his high chair playing with trays on top of the garbage can, Cameron is playing with what used to be holding the salt and pepper, which are now on the floor. Don't worry, I picked them up before I left.) We also went shopping to a few places and Cameron thankfully obliged and was good for me. The fam was sure to show me High School Musical 3, which was lots of fun. We also got to watch Eagle Eye together. (Holly and I have sort-of secret crushes on Shia Labeouf) The afternoon before I left Holly treated me to Olive Garden for lunch while her husband James watched Cameron. It was so fun to be able to chat it up without having to worry about babies (remember pic above?). Thanks Holly and family for letting us come visit you! We love doing it!

7 comments:

Tyler M. said...

Cameron, noooo! Not a bow for his man-head! Luckily, he is all man, and no sissy girl in him. Those are cute pictures of CamTy with Lainie. We sure like having them around!

Tiffany said...

HSM3 rocks! :) And I love the eating out with kids picture...its so true!

Holly or James said...

Please come again soon!
-james

The Mom said...

I love this post. And I love Tyler's comment! Ha! I wondered what he'd say! That is so cute that Cameron has a friend.Some kids really enjoy having kids around...most kids I should say.

Thanks for the photos of you at Holly's . I think it is so great that you guys make the effort to get together with one another when you live close. Funsies

Jenae said...

That post was so cute. We are so blessed to have you guys in our lives. :) We think you are the best. And we already know Lainie thinks that Cameron is all that. She loves hanging out with him.

Melanie said...

It looks like you're getting a friend! Yeah!

so fun for u n hols. I read about it on her blog too :)

Holly or James said...

Yeah for sister weekends together! (: That is one of the greatest things about being a stay at home mom. You can bring your "work" with you. Thanks for introducing Carl's Jr. too. I had a burger just yesterday coming home from Salt Lake. YUM!! (: It sure was fun hanging out then and also last weekend too. I'll have to post photos once we get our new computer figured out and hooked up. (: