I will not write a formal review of The Peacegiver, written by James L. Ferrell, as I usually do because its implications to the reader are deeply personal and it will read different from person to person. But when the subtitle claims, “How Christ offers to heal our hearts and homes,” it is not to be underestimated because it has potential to do just that. This book brings home new applications of Christ’s atonement and how through him we really can have maximum peace and healing in our lives no matter what others can and may do.Written in an easy to follow 3rd person narrative, Ferrell tells the story of a man named Rick who has been long estranged from his wife of 10 years. The reading flows quickly and easily, although the serious reader will be periodically slowed and even stopped to ponder the implications and applications. And while the story is about a marriage, it can conjure other various relationships in the mind of the reader whether they be familial or not. Just as the story flows well, the principles are explained in every day terms while still maintaining their potency. And speaking of potency, when approached with an open heart, expect this book to leave you changed. I myself am committed to reread this book every few years, convinced I’ll need it again every time I do.
3 comments:
This will be a once a year read, preferably around the Easter season. I internalized this book and really enjoyed applying the teachings in it. Read it
I loved it too. Some parts of it still come back to me as I deal w probs exactly like him... I have to remember all that I learned.
I listened to the book on tape and am going to read it starting next week. Great review, Mindy!
Post a Comment