Sunday, July 19, 2009

k10 p10 k10 p10

My first completed knitting project! I just had to share. A basket weave boyfriend scarf. Only it's not for a boyfriend, it's for me.

I knitted some gold thread in also to add subtle sparkle.

So it ended up being a little wider and shorter than a regular scarf, but I like how it looks more like a neck wrap now. "It looks trendy" in Tyler's words. I will pin it together with a wooden stick, I think. All I had on hand for the pics was my knitting needle, that's why I'm covering the long ends. (Please disregard my double chin.)

Admittedly probably my last garment I will ever knit because of how time consuming it can be. Next I am going to knit some toys from a book Tyler gave me last Christmas! It's nice to learn a new skill. I can check "Teach myself to knit" off of my goals for 2009.

9 comments:

Tyler M. said...

Great work honey!! It looks really nice and warm for the BYU Football games this fall!

Kara Lyn said...

Woo hoo!!! Knitting is way hard and I am so impressed.

Melanie said...

It looks great, truly. I am impressed. And the gold knitted in is fabulous. You look great wearing it too.

Can't wait to see you 3 soon!

The Mom said...

I REALLY like it. Great job teaching yourself to knit. It is so pretty and it looks good on you too! I love the gold thread. It doesn't look like a beginner did it. The stitches are all so nice and even.!

Mama said...

Wow! Very good job. You did knit and purl. Impressive for a first time project. You should be proud of yourself. Don't stop now, keep on knitting!

Jeanette said...

Hooray! It looks great- don't you just feel good to look at it and say "I made that" I love that feeling!

Holly said...

GREAT JOB!!! I remember when you started it!! It looks so nice! Congrats for not giving up. You're silly about thinking you have a double chin! (:

Frazier Family said...

Wow! It's beautiful. I tried doing something like that once. Couldn't keep the stupid thing even!

Heidi a.k.a. spaceghost said...

You are SO sheek!! I love it. I love making art. If you ever get the chance you should take a weaving class. It is SO interesting.