Friday, June 11, 2010

Everyday, good people

To all my friends and family who read my blog and find themselves starting to believe the lie that Tea Partiers are violent "domestic terrorists" or find themselves shying away from joining the gatherings because of the stigma now attached, please don't fall prey to the lie. I already find myself under scrutiny by others because the media is starting to get their way with the branding and stereotype that is in no way true. I promise you that these protesters are peaceful people exercising their constitutional rights, people who look like your grandparents, parents and good friends. They are everyday people who want the freedom to live their lives without excessive government interference. Take a really good look at these pictures taken at tea parties all over the country and see if you see anyone that matches the media's favorite description.

July 4 Tea Party in Alabama

Freedom Rally in Utah

First Nationwide Tax Day Tea Party in Utah, 2009...

and in Washington DC
Tax Day Tea Party in Illinois, 2010


9.12 Rally in Washington DC
They all look like pretty violent gatherings don't they? No, they are extremely sedate, take it from me. Most of the people were protesting for the first time in their lives, even (and maybe especially) those who are 60+ years old. I challenge anyone who still thinks Tea Partiers are extreme or violent to find a video anywhere of a Tea Partier actually being violent. With cameras virtually everywhere now, if it happens it would be easy to find. But I bet one wouldn't find it.

Have courage to stand up for values and morals even when you may be branded as evil. Remember in the last days evil will be called good and good will be called evil. Remember that in the scriptures good men and prophets were almost always branded "wicked" or "contentious" as the evil men flattered away the hearts of many through their "expert words." In fact, keep an eye out in the near future as I have almost completed the entire Book of Mormon specifically noting each example of such and will share with you all.

PART II
You will never hear the media report on who the real thugs are. Courtesy of my sister's blog, here is a great example of the real violent "domestic terrorist" groups that will never be called such.
Left-wing Union, SEIU,
protest Bank of America Executive
AT HIS HOME--
teenage son alone inside, locked himself in bathroom in fear
*SEIU's recently retired's ex-president, Andy Stern, is friends with Pres. Obama- the most frequent visitor to the White House
*SEIU spent $70 million getting Democrats elected in 2008
*500 people were bussed in to protest at a private residence- an unlawful act
*Police decided not to arrest any protestors for tresspassing for fear of inciting mob violence
*Read more here
So, America, may I please ask you which group of people are acting like terrorists?*

*My brother-in-law (*my husband Tyler*) just left this comment: Interesting side note- SEIU is going crazy with my company Sodexo. They are making all kinds of personal threats against Sodexo employees and the company. Our president sent a mass email informing us all about the tactics of SEIU and how caustic they have been and continue to be.

And spend a minute looking at this video:



Thank you all for enduring my constant preaching, I just feel really strongly about what is happening to our country these days and extremely duty bound to try and help set things right. Reading Helaman and 3 Nephi was never so scary.

Check back in a few days for a happier post about my little sister Amy's high school graduation!

4 comments:

The Mom said...

You are absolutely right to be posting things to stand up for the truth. Good job!!!! I know that as busy as you are it must be really important to you to try to spread good information. I am very proud of you.
My daughter who went to a tax day rally in April said it reminded her most of a really good church meeting....sounds pretty calm and uplifting to me!!!

Tyler M. said...

Mindy, you are one crazy right wing extremist. Anyone who would say anything in opposition to the current administration must be crazy. Long live the King!!

(Comment above was written on opposite day. Read accordingly.)

Holly or James said...

you people are animals...

Melanie said...

opposite day! HA! "Today is opposites day!"

Good job Mindy, spread the word to a different audience then me.

I cannot believe that video! What the heck! Was that in Illinois? Seriously.

I know, sometimes you think people think we'll "get over it." I wonder if I annoy people, too. Oh well.