(Note: they loaded out of order, so apologies that chronology is a bit messy!)
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Best of Disnealand
Hooray for Disneyland!! We were so lucky to get to go two times in two years for five days each! So for the benefit of everyone out there (that cares), and more especially for my family's photo swapping, here are my best pictures of the awesome vacation! I have to admit that while they are my best, they are not great by any means, meaning I took pretty terrible pictures. I don't know about you all, but I have to make a very conscious effort to make sure I get enough good pictures. Between taking care of my kids and wanting to talk to my family, I didn't have a whole lot of brain processing space left for worrying about pictures!
(Note: they loaded out of order, so apologies that chronology is a bit messy!)
First ride HAD to be Captain EO!! Oh yeah! Nobody ask me how we got in trouble twice for having our video camera's out.
WOW! Look how big my family has gotten! There are 19 of us now! We take up a whole section of tables when it's time to eat.
My dad, never without a project, used the vacation as a chance to get more footage for his long anticipated Disnealand movie. He is going to assemble it using footage spanning across decades of Disneyland trips!
Heidi was, along with several others, a huge help with the kids. Here she is holding sleeping Jane. It seems like she was always holding a sleeping Jane! Oh that's right, she's the sleep nurse. Way to go, Heidi!
Jack and Cameron would hold hands all the time. It was so sweet! We all wish they could live near each other so they could have their best friend near by.

In order to stay together as a group but still get to ride the rides the kids were too small for, we would break up into 2 "shifts" to watch the kids. They did surprisingly well staying in one spot just playing for 30 minutes or more at a time while us grown ups got to ride our rides.

After coming home from the park between 8 and 9, Cameron and Tyler would sit and watch TV for about 30 mins, and then Cameron would roll over and crash to sleep.
The third day was the day the princesses got to wear their dresses to the park. Paige and Sarah were entranced with Jane once they saw her in her dress. Melanie and I joked that they realized that Jane was "one of them."
Grandpa on watch, considering the jump he'd have to make to go after one of the tykes if they fell into the water.
Princesses! Melanie and I made sure our girls got to sport their pretty dresses together in the park. We barely got these pictures in at the very end of the night before Jane "lost it" out of tiredness.
(Note: they loaded out of order, so apologies that chronology is a bit messy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We just got back from Disneyland too. Looks like a great trip! So Fun.
That was fan TAS tic to see all of those pix!! Do I have darling grandchildren, or what??????? The vacay there was so fun! I loved that we stayed together so much. Jane is so like the princesses! They will be BFF's all the time! But Jane does not like Winnie. Cam loves that Tigger! So darling. It is really evident how much everyone loves each other...the little ones and the big people too! So great!
I LOVE the shots you got of the boys holding hands together. My boys are too, missing disneyland, its a small world and their cousins. We wish too, more than you know, that we lived close. Not only would our kids have so much fun together, but WE would too!!
Heidi is the sleep nurse FO SHO!! Sweet baby Jane!
I love the photos of the girls in their dresses too! So cute.
Cute shot of Tyler and Cam watching the tube before bed time. They're such buddies alright!
Fantasmic was the PERFECT end to the perfect week. Wasn't it? AND what a great spot, right???? Thanks James for stakin' out for us!!
So fun--what a great trip!
love it. can you guys move closer? please!
Good thing you went with extended family or we would have had problems that you didn't call to tell us you were here! We love living 15 minutes from D-Land. Happiest place on earth ;)
FUN! I LOVE MY FAMILY! I LOVE DISNEYLAND! I LOVE LOOKING AT THE MEMORIES!
James and I were just saying that we are glad that we shared a door with you guys, otherwise we both felt like we rarely ever saw you guys! We love you!
Jane IS one of the girls fo sho!
Thanks so much for posting these Mindy! I downloaded almost all of them. I especially love the pix of the boys holding hands and the girls in their princess dresses together. I loved watching that at disneyland. Man do we have good times together.
Post a Comment