Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FunTimes with Sistas

I am so lucky to always have family living near by. And I have been making it a priority to see family as much as possible since I never know when or if I will ever live near a certain family member again and I don't ever want to regret not spending enough time with them. After all, good relationships is what life is all about and I find my family to be my most satisfying source for relationships.

Last weekend Tyler, Cam, and I went to see my sister Holly and her sweet family. We all went to see the USU v. BYU football game (except the two little ones of course!) We all had such a blast and I actually got to spend 2 hours away from Cam before I was required. ;)

Tyler and James went early to save seats while Holly and I came with Caleb later on.
It was Caleb's first football game! I don't know if he understood it or caught the hype in the air, but his mom and dad made sure he lasted the whole 3 hours by giving him lots to snack on. After all, that is what kids remember about these kind of events anyway! Welcome to American Football, Caleb!
It was like old times for Tyler and I to go to a game together again. As you can see in the background, we were stomping them 24 to 0 in the first quarter. The game ended 34 to 14 but the USU fans still found reason to chant "Over rated!" at us. What?! Didn't we just kick your trash up and down the field to the tune of 20 points? Oh, maybe it was because we didn't shut them out like the last two teams we played. ;)
It was especially fun for me to be with Holly and just enjoy the goofiness I only get to experience with Neal girls. Here we are jamming out to the music as BYU entered the field. Yes, we had fun jammin' ("That's my jam!") to the music and laughing and talking. And yes, we payed attention the entire first quarter to the game. It wasn't until the second quarter when BYU's endzone moved to the other side of the stadium, thus taking the game far away, that we started chatting about family, clipping our nails, and joking around.
It was a fun weekend and nice to finally see their place. Thanks for the game, Holly and James! We'll do it again next year!

My other sister who lives near, Natalie, has been able to spend a lot of time at our house too. I consider it a real luxury to have a sister who comes over to see me. She comes over most Sundays and she has come to watch all the presidential and VP debates with us too. We had her over for just fun times too. Last night we have Oktoberfest at our house for FHE and she came to join us!
We had bratwursts, root beer, orange sugar cookies, and Tyler had sauerkraut (stunk up the whole room). Don't worry everyone, Natalie brought vegan corn dogs for herself.
So what do people do on Oktoberfest for an activity? Well, we really didn't know and our best guess of getting real drunk was out of the question. So we checked both the school and public library for a German movie, anything. Tyler couldn't find anything on his end and all I could find was a hokey documentary on Berlin. After about 5 minutes we decided it would be okay to watch "Evolution" which I had borrowed from Holly.
It ended up being a fun excuse for a small party. Thanks Nat for being a frequent visitor!

5 comments:

The Mom said...

You two girls are sure looking beautiful! ANd of course, there can never be too many picture of my grandkids! Cam sure looks like he has grown! Hey, Ty how is your back? you look like you are doing great.
I am so glad you get together so often. I love to hear about it too.

Jeanette said...

Jeremy says he's proud of Tyler for eating saurkraut like a real man!

Mindy said...

Cameron actually had a little bit too and didn't hate it!

Holly or James said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What a great excuse to eat junk for dinner. OW!! (Jack just hit me in the arm with the light saber). How did you like Evolution???

It was fun to play and party at the BYU game with you guys! Thanks!!

Natalie said...

yeah HEAAAHHHHH parties!
i couldn't decide what to eat at oktoberfest: jdawgs or vegan corndogs? it was a tough decision.
HEY! i forgot i still have two of those left! I NEED TO EAT THEM SOON!