Obama campaigned on his pledge to get rid of all the pork in new legislation. Check out what's in the "stimulus" package:
- $1 Billion for Amtrak, the federal railroad that hasn't turned a profit in 40 years.
- $2 Billion for child-care subsidies
- $50 Million to the National Endowment for the Arts
- $400 Million for global warming research
- $2.4 Billion for carbon-capture demonstration projects
- $650 Million for digitial TV coupons
- $30 Billion is for fixing bridges and highways
- $40 Billion for broadband and electric grid development, airports, and clean water projects (arguably worthwhile, but maybe not in a stimulus package)
- $600 Million to buy federal cars (on top of the $3 Billion it already spends annually on cars)
- $7 Billion for modernizing government buildings
- $472 Billion in handouts: food stamps, welfare, medicaid, unemployment, etc. (Last time I checked, these don't stimulate the economy: ECONOMICS 101)
- $66 Billion of education
4 comments:
That is so infuriating,isn't it? Life is so complicated and it is tiring to listen to the debates and info on all of this mess that is going on right now. I pray that the governments decisions will be good but I know sometimes we get ourselves into trouble.
I quoted you on my FB page.
-james
It is understood by almost everyone here in DC that this is a huge pork bill, with lots of D interests being fulfilled. The D's and the Administration are just trying to sell it to the American people as a stimulus package because THEY know what we need.
I am not surprised. Poor Cameron will be paying taxes at a 90% tax rate to his socialist government. what burdens to leave on our children. But hey, atleast he has "free" health care!
Post a Comment