The months of January through March are typically very boring. No big holidays, no vacations, and lots of snow and cold weather. (And unfortunately retail therapy isn't an option either as we're repenting of the spending fest that is November and December.) Most of us spend our time catching up on organizing, concentrating on school or career, watching movies, and just wishing for spring. As evidenced by the name, this post is about several different things; small things that make up the nice parts of life during these slow months.
The Puppy

We've been able to have a puppy in our house every so often this month. Natalie's boyfriend has a little puppy named Doug that he brings with him when he sometimes accompanies Natalie to our house. Cameron really likes him and is sweet with him too. Doug seems to like Cameron alright too and will lick his hand, which Cameron really likes. (Sometimes Cam gets a bit overzealous about it and sticks his finger down Doug's throat, which is when we step in.)

Cameron was apparently very comfortable with Doug and decided to share his toys, or at least play with his toys in Doug's bed, making it no longer a safe haven for little puppy.

Eventually Cameron decided he would take over Doug's bed all together. We had a good laugh although made sure no doggie beds were ruined. Thanks little Doug for being a good sport!
The Monkey
While Shopping at Wal Mart the other day, I came across the animal backpack/harnesses for toddlers. "I've been wanting one for Cameron." So I picked the monkey and brought it home to him. The idea was to let Cameron play with it for a while before we "needed" it so he wouldn't be hostile at it when we "used" it. It was love at first sight! Cameron has never been so affectionate with a toy before. In fact, Tyler and I were commenting how Cameron has no object of attachment: no toy, blanket, pacifire, nothing. The closest thing is his blanket we keep in his crib which he likes but by no means carries it everywhere. So it is sweet to see him like a toy so much! We think it is because he has a smiling face (which he pulled the thread making the smile out in 2 days) and shiny eyes. He kisses it (or chews its mouth), pats it on the back (picture above), carries it around with him, and talks to it in high tones.

After a couple of days, we put it on his back for the first time and he loved it! He played around the house with it in tow and every so often looked back at its face and snuggled it. So cute! Below is a video of him the first day we gave it to him. You can hear how he talks to it in high tones at the very first. Funny what they pick up, or is it innate in us?
The Camping GearDuring Christmas at my parents' house, which we were not there for, my parents told everyone they would be getting their birthday money early so we could all stock up on food storage and emergency supplies. Our little family is doing pretty well on food storage and getting emergency items together--we've been getting an item a week or so for about 1 1/2 years. So we decided we would use our money to get camping gear which is very arguably emergency preparedness gear. So Tyler used his amazing internet-deal-finding skills and looked for about an hour. He found a web site that got us all we wanted for a great price. And they are all great products too he says. (And they do seem very quality now that we have them.) The things came quickly on Friday and in our excitement we got them all out. We got...

a 30 degree sleeping bag for kids for Cameron...


two 0 degree sleeping bags for Tyler and me...

and a 4 person tent! (Yes, we set it up and it barely fit in the space we had!)
And we got them all for about $200! What a deal! Tyler kept saying he couldn't believe the deal we got and I would say it was because we pay our tithing and because the Lord knows we are trying to obey by being prepared--probably more true than we think! Now that we have these, I have basically obligated myself to a camping trip this spring or summer. We'll see how that goes! That will be a whole post in the future, I am sure! Thanks Mom and Dad!!
7 comments:
aww, i love all these pictures!
i like cameron's little tiny body in his onesie pj's when he has that monkey on his back.
hey, don't people call nicotine addictions the 'monkey on your back'?
i dont know. hmm.
i need to buy my emergency food.
So cute! I love the pictures and video of Cameron with the monkey! Good for you guys for working on your food storage and emergency supplies. I've been feeling like we need to start working on this, but I don't know where to start. How do you guys do it, and what exactly do you buy?
Okay, I am in Grandma heaven looking at my girls' blogs after 8 long days of not seeing them!! How cute is Cam? I am so tickled that he loves Doug. So adorable. Him in the snuggyloo! He sure is fun to watch. I remember having so much fun playing with him at Thanksgiving. Can't wait to love on him some more!
Word up to getting emergency gear!!
Great shopping for deals!
The monkey video and pix are so cute. He loves that little guy, that little monkey. So precious.
That's right you have to go camping now! (: If you're still in town, then we need to go together for sure!!
I loved this post! Cameron is pretty adorable and so much fun! Right now Natalie is just adorable...we'll work on the 'fun' part later :) PS I'm glad you set up your tent in your apartment! We got a tent and brady set it up outside shortly after we got it as well.
I looooooved the pix of Cam in the Snuggyloo... laughing out loud. He's such a cute boy with his monkey too. He's such a cute little Mindy... cute little cam.
So is his hair still pretty red? Crazy!
Mindy!! I miss you! And your son is sooooo cute! I love him loving his monkey. Megan (my daughter) has one and loves it too! Whenever I have her wear it, she always wants to wear it facing her belly so that she can be hugging it while on her leash. :)
Post a Comment