Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all mommies! Especially to my mom. Abraham Lincoln said it best, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." I love you, Mom!

Lately, I have meditated on and been extremely touched and impressed (and quite emotional) at the caliber of all the mothers I know, the caliber of mothers that my peers have become. I have been blessed to be acquainted with hundreds of women--friends, family, acquaintances, and even strangers--whom, from afar, I admire at how they love their children without abandon. God really did add something special in women that makes them perfect for the job description "mother." In a world filled with so much of the terrible and ugly, watching these wonderful women care for the world's precious children gives me hope and confirms to me that there is still so much good left in the world, too.

So to you mothers, those of you with your own children and without who nurture others', Happy Mother's Day to you. Thank you so much for your quiet and unsung example that inspires me almost daily.

5 comments:

Tyler M. said...

Yeah for the mother of my children and for my momma!

Melanie said...

Sweet tyler.

Happy Mother's Day Mimi! So emosh while you're prego! HA! I love mother's and our calling to mother's who nurture from God.

I have a great quote on my blog about mothers. Go see it.

you're a sweet mima too! So glad you love your children.

The Mom said...

Thank you SO much for the wonderful words of love. I really enjoyed your reflections on good selfless mothers and women all around us. Yes, there are so many that you feel hope for the future. They are unsung and sometimes we don't take time to notice them. It makes me feel encouraged too. Love you Mindy! I am glad you are a sweet loving mommy to my grandson.

Holly said...

Thanks for the shout out on mother's day! Happy Mother's day to you too! Hope you had a great day! Love you and miss you!

Natalie said...

yay!!!! to all the sweet moms!