Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our Birthday Celebrations

As most of you know, Tyler's and my birthdays were last month.
My birthday was first, the 18th, and was more of a muted celebration. But that isn't to say it wasn't a great day! Tyler had to work until 3 so I spent a leisurely morning with Cameron relaxing. I got calls from all my sisters and my mom that day and that was a highlight. Tyler returned home with a gerber daisy for me, and Natalie babysat for us and we went to Tucanos for dinner--it would be the dinner celebration for both of our birthdays. It was SO good food (I had forgotten) and especially nice to not have to worry about the baby. Afterward, we came home, had a delicious layered red velvet cake Tyler made for me and opened presents. Natalie brought over presents from my mom and the rest of the family. And Cameron helped me open them...or at least he ate the paper once I got it off the present! (And as a side, I did wear my hear nicely curled this day but after the dinner I was all greasy from the smoke inside the restaurant and just wanted my hair out of the way!)
I made special efforts this year to ensure Tyler had a big-to-do for his birthday. I started out the day with posting a special Happy Birthday blog entry I had prepared in advance. He had to work again that day but I sent him to work with a special lunch and brownies and Jones' Soda to share with co-workers. (I originally wanted to bring him pizza but didn't know if a girl walking into the MTC with soda, pizza, and a balloon would go over too well.) When he returned home from work, we had BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers (which, unfortunately he had to make for us due to some Cameron complications) with his sister Kara. He loves when she comes to see us. Afterward, we opened presents before party guests arrived. I must say he got some awesome stuff!
After presents, the party started! We had a fun party with friends coming and going throughout the night. We all chatted, laughed, enjoyed food, and watched the olympics on TV. It was actually a very fun party. We have awesome friends and family!
We also had some really good cake that my sister Natalie made at her cake decorating class! It was DELISH, as my sister Heidi would say! And of course we did the whole bit with candles and singing.
We hung all the cards we received from friends and family up on our closet door so we could remember all the people who love us. In the end Cameron ended up pulling down whatever cards he could reach and tearing them apart, but of course had a lot of fun doing it!
Thanks everyone who helped make our birthdays fanatastic!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one

Natalie said...

in the third picture from the top, look at cameron's little head in the corner! its so cute! his little dumb head!

Holly said...

Mindy, I'm sorry we forgot it was your b-day too! Happy belated birthday to you! And we're so glad we were able to come to Tyler's party!

The Mom said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a sweetie you both are to help each other feel special and loved and doing special stuff. The pictures are great! I love the one of Cam's little chubby self sitting on your lap. I think he gets chubby like that eating the paper off of cards and presents! Tyler does look like he had a good time on his bday! Good!

Melanie said...

That cake looked beautiful! good job Nat, and I bet it was delish! :)

The Mom said...

fun!! cute mindy and tyler and cameron! (oooo. by the way i like your decor. mmm.) that cake looks fabulous!
-Amy

Holly or James said...

Way to go making Tyler's birthday great for him. Do you remember the "surprise birthday party" I had for James' 30th birthday last year? Real great. I just realized there weren't very many people that he knew and were good friends with, but they were all that we had at the time, new to Cumberland and all. But it's the thought that counts I guess. Glad to hear you guys have great friends there. Wish we could have been there too. (: